Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am currently paying off my credit cards but student loans are coming up. Should I take classes to

I graduated in December and now that I have a job that pays more than the cost of rent. I am paying $1300 per month towards $12,000 of credit cards (without using them ever again).



I have student loans that are going to kick in on July 2008. I have both private and federal. The private student loans are adjustable rate at 10.5% and 12.5%. I have 24k in private and 24k in federal.



My company offers tuition reimbursement. The federal loans are subsidized .



I am considering taking one class after paying credit cards to defer my federal loans and knock off these private ASAP since even after consolidating, the interest rates are variable.



Will this plan work? If not, what should I do?



I am currently paying off my credit cards but student loans are coming up. Should I take classes to defer themmortgage lenders





I wouldn%26#039;t take more classes for any reason other than because I wanted, or needed, to take additional classes. You would have to pay for those classes anyway. That would just make your debt higher. Also, even if you company pays for it, they usually have rules that obligate you for the money they spend on your education.



Try contacting your student loan people and see if they will allow you to claim hardship deferral. Let them know that you will not be able to pay them and the credit card people. You should be able to pay of the c. cards in just about 9 months. If they will hold off that long-problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment