Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My mom screwed my credit?

When I started college 3 years ago I got a credit card incase of emergency. I had it sent to my dorm 3 times but the card never made it people would steal them. So I had it sent to my mom%26#039;s house then she mailed it to me in a pkg.



I made a point of paying my payments on time. One month I was home for a visit and need to pay the full balance on my card and payment on a cell phone bill. My mom offered to take the money to the post office and send money orders for me. I thought it was taken care of. I decided a weekend or so later to go ahead and cancel the card and re apply when I was in a better financial situation.



this week I did a credit report because my new husband and I want to buy a home. Turns out the companyy had been calling my moms for the last few years because they have her listed as my contact info. I now owe them around $1,400 in back charges, balance in late fees. Why? my mom took the money I gave her %26amp; paid a credit card bill she ran up in my dad%26#039;s name......



My mom screwed my credit?small business loans





That is just terrible.



Had you not been getting a bill from them all this time? You will need to call them and make arangments to start making payments. There is not much else you can do, short of taking your mom to small claims court. And even that would be hard to prove that you gave your Mom the money in the first place.



My mom screwed my credit?

loan



if you have proof that you gave her that money to pay them bills then take in front of JUDGE JUDY. if not then take her in front of JUDGE JOE BROWN. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment