Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Would using peachdirect.com increase my credit rating?

My current overall credit line on my credit report is 2k with a balance of 1.9k. I got this offer in the mail from peachdirect.com to accept a credit card with a 2k credit limit. I was thinking of just buying one item under $10, and therefore making my account active.



Would doing this increase my overall credit line to 4k? I am assuming that they report to the credit bureaus, but that would be another question worth answering in regards to this. Any help is greatly appreciated, and whoever can provide the most complete answer gets my vote.



Would using peachdirect.com increase my credit rating?va loan





Yes, adding another 2k credit card would increase your %26#039;available credit%26#039; to 4k; and Yes, every credit card lender I know of reports to the credit bureaus.



Note, the term %26#039;high credit%26#039; has a different meaning (high credit is the highest total amount of debt outstanding at any point of your reported credit history) than %26#039;available credit%26#039;.



Note2, if your goal is to increase your credit score, you should consider getting an installment loan (like an auto loan) in addition to revolving debt (credit cards). Installment debt is always good debt in the credit bureau scoring models - but at some point additional revolving debt does not increase your credit score.

No comments:

Post a Comment