Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is there anyway to find out your credit score for free?

i know there are sites that offer this but they all want you put in your credit card info and then you can cancel it if you don%26#039;t want it but i wondered if there are sites that don%26#039;t ask for payment at all.



Is there anyway to find out your credit score for free?emergency loan





It is possible to get your credit REPORT for free, but not your credit SCORE. The two are different. When most people talk about a credit score, they are referring to their FICO score, though there are a number out there. To get the report, you go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com - the only government sanctioned site. However, there is not really a way to get your credit SCORE for free.



Is there anyway to find out your credit score for free? loan



Don%26#039;t do this online with offers from companies! You go straight to the credit agencies that do the reporting; Equifax, etc.



You are entitled to one free report per year from each. Contact them directly, you will need to write them with your SS#, full name and address, etc.|||I don%26#039;t believe so. You have, by law in the USA, the right to see your CREDIT REPORT once a year or after a negative reply from a credit card application or any type of credit application.



The credit score is a number created by the Credit reporting companies and their formula might be different for each other. In theory you could have three different credit scores.|||free annual credit report online is reputable!|||I got mine free by asking my Bank what it was. They checked and gave me the score.



You can get a free copy of your credit report but not your credit score from the three reporting agencies. To get your credit score, you normally have to pay a fee, unless you have a relationship with your bank and can ask them.|||The only site that the government allows consumers to get a free credit report is at:



https://www.annualcreditreport.com



You are allowed one free credit report every 12 months from each of the three credit agencies; Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax.|||Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and request free copies from one or all three companies.|||Yeah, everyone%26#039;s right about the credit report and the credit score and how you%26#039;re entitled to a free report, not a score. Just a few weeks ago I was looking into finding out my credit score. I went to www.myfico.com, which like you said, needed some of my credit card information to give me my credit score but it was really easy to cancel. They sent me a reminder email about my free trial being over and gave me the option of canceling and all I had to do was click the link.



The information they gave me to was pretty useful, they let me know if and when my score went up or down and possibly why.|||You are correct in that in order to get your FICO score you will have to enroll for the service. It will only be free if you cancel within the 30 day time limit.



In that case it will be free but you have to stay on your toes and cancel in time or you will be charged a monthly fee...most likely $9.95 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment