Thursday, July 16, 2009

Please help! I made something stupid with my credit?

I got this letter from the mail. This letter was an offer for a raffle. You had to call a number provided in the letter. When I called they asked me for an ID number. This ID number was also provided in the letter. I gave them the ID number. Then she told me that I was going to receive a gift by mail because I registered for that raffle. Then she asked me if a had a credit card. I told her that I do. Then we hung up. I did not give her any information. She knew my address and my telephone number already. However, my friend told me that this offer was not for a raffle. He told me that this offer was to enroll me in something else and that later they are going to charge me. I am just ninteen and I don%26#039;t know if the offers that they send you by mail are real. What can I do.? I don%26#039;t want to pay for something that I did not order.



Please help! I made something stupid with my credit?





If I were you I would put a security freeze on all your credit reports. These identity theives can ruin your life with just a minimal amount of information. On the off chance you receive something in the mail, don%26#039;t open it...write refused and give it back to the postman. Same with UPS, FedEx. You can refuse shipment.



Please help! I made something stupid with my credit? loan



Call the credit card company and ask them. Maybe they can help put some type of stop payment on the charges. I know that your regular bank could do it.|||If you didn%26#039;t give them your credit card number, then I doubt there%26#039;s any way they can charge anything to it.



Never give out your personal information unless you know exactly who you are dealing with.|||Don%26#039;t worry, if you hung up without giving them any credit card information, you won%26#039;t get charged anything.|||its a marketing point. They tell you that you have won a free gift, you give them a call. They say can I verify your address and your name? They say okay I will send that too you. Then they ask you do you have a credit card? you say no, they flip to the next page and say do you want one?



If you didnt give your credit card number or your social, they just cant just charging you stuff. You probably wont even get the prize from the raffle. Its a stupid letter, your prize might be another letter.



If you didnt agree to anything then you are fine, and dont worry about being recorded most companies record phone calls. I think you are pretty much safe. If for some reason, which I highly doubt, you get a bill just call them back and tell them you are going to have the consumer protection division in your state handle it. But I highly doubt this will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment