Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Question about Credit Score and entry level job emloyment. How HR judges it after hiring.?

I am a college senior and seeking for fulltime job now.



I have 4 credit cards which total limit of $3050(750+500+1000+800), and my current balance is $3000. I have checked my credit report and score is 623 which falls into between %26#039;fair and poor%26#039;. Actually Experian shows %26#039;fair%26#039;.



Currently, I got offered for part-time job and the employer says that there would be opportunity to get full-time position if I work hard. BUT, my question is %26#039;what if they do not offer full-time position due to my credit score, even though I work hard and get good evaluation from my manager.%26#039;



The fact is that, I always have been paying at least minimum amounts in due date. I do not have any criminal records and sues.



I really want this job



Question about Credit Score and entry level job emloyment. How HR judges it after hiring.?credit repair





your credit score does not matter for employment. They will check your criminal record, your reference, your GPA, your college degre, but not your credit score. Credit score has nothing to do with hiring, promoting someone.



Question about Credit Score and entry level job emloyment. How HR judges it after hiring.? loan



I%26#039;ve been doing HR management for 13 years. The reality is that depending on the position, your credit score may in fact be a detriment to your being considered. Not all employers will run a credit history, but many do. With all of the fraud, and liability that employers now have if employees rip them off (or steal data to sell to a third party), many will not hire someone with poor credit into sensitive areas. Any financial institution, many IT firms, and some employers who handle a lot of cash as part of daily operations will all run a credit history on you.



Unfortunately, the best bet is to improve your financial situation, as difficult as it may be. I would recommend you work hard to pay off the debt. See if you can get a job delivering pizzas on weekends, or some other job that will supplement your income. The bottom line is that you have to get rid of the credit cards, close the accounts, and pay off the debt as soon as you can so that you have more options.



If the job you are applying for requires a solid financial position, and the topic comes up with the employer, you can help the issue by identifying a clear plan that you are implementing to reduce your debt position. If you show you are taking responsibility by canceling the cards with the balances, not opening new cards, and paying above the minimum, then it may mitigate any marginal score that you have.



If it is causing you anxiety and limiting options for you now, then hopefully you can wipe it out before the debt grows any further. All the best to you -- you are asking good questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment