Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How long should a credit account be open before requesting the APR% to be lowered?

We recently had a financial advisor come to our work, to discuss IRA accounts. It came up that people who are in debt can call their credit card companies %26amp; after being turned down by the CSR %26amp; requesting a manager (he said this happens every time), that you can request your APR% to be lowered. He said that %26quot;loan%26quot; companies won%26#039;t do this, but most credit card companies will (well, the supervisors will, he said that the CSR%26#039;s aren%26#039;t allowed to negotiate or offer a supervisor, you must ask for one). At the time, I didn%26#039;t think to ask him what the least amount of time is that an account should be open, before attempting this. Does anyone know? Thanks!



How long should a credit account be open before requesting the APR% to be lowered?child tax credit





I know for a fact many people ask for credit limit increases RIGHT AFTER being approved for a card when you talk to a supervisor. In terms of the APR, it doesn%26#039;t hurt to ask right away especially if you talk to a supervisor. If you want to play it safe, wait 6 months after having paid your card as agreed.



Bottom line though: never hurts to ask!



How long should a credit account be open before requesting the APR% to be lowered?

loan



I had my Discover card less then a year before I called up and told them I would cancel the card if my rate is not lowered. I had a 0% intro rate for 1 year and after that it would go up to 19%. I told them that was not acceptable and if they wanted me to continue being a customer..it would have to be lowered. They lowered it to 11%. It might have worked out for me because I was still in that intro rate when I called.|||Hi,



I used %26quot;Credit Solution%26quot; to settle my debt and improve my credit score.They managed to reduce my debt up to 58%.It%26#039;s legitimate.I came across this company on NBC News special edition.Check it out here:



http://shurl.net/5oX

No comments:

Post a Comment