Sunday, August 9, 2009

Charged off/Paid/Transfert ?

I had about $15,000 in debt. I started payind the debt in full to the collectors, but a friend told me not to pay all in full but instead settle. I settle for about $11000. I keep checking my credit and on the one I paid in full there is the mention pays as aggreed, and the one settle %26gt;Account chargedoff/paid/transfered. My credit score is about 625. What should I do to improve my credit? I do not use credit card a lot and I thought that buying a car and opening a small visa card%26lt;$300 limit will improve it but so far zero. Since I paid all the debt I keep receiving new credit cards offering %26lt;$300-$$3000 (business CC) limit. Do I have to open more card? I only have my car loan as a debt and my loan officer told me to make monthly payments instead of paying off the car. Do I have to argue with the charge off/transfert/pay collector which according to my equifax complaint says that the original creditor ack the charges are true? I would like to buy a house soon, how will it impact me?



Charged off/Paid/Transfert ?tax credit





You settled the $15K debt for less than the amount owed. The report should show that. It should show a $0 balance, but with the note %26quot;Settled for less than full amount%26quot;. If the account was charged off first, then it will show R9 or I9 and yes it is a negative on your account. Keep making payments on the auto loan, keep the balance on your credit card less than 1/2 the credit limit. It will take some time, but your score will improve.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment