Sunday, August 9, 2009

What are the latest telemarketing workarounds(scams) out there?

Starrting Tuesday the 10th, I started recieving calls on my cell phone from 000-000-0000. On Wendsday I answered and heard lots of talking like in a crowded room and couldn%26#039;t get anyone to answer me. Wendsday evening I recieved another call from the same number. I answered and heard the same background noise but this time could talk to the person on the other side of the call. It was a telmarketer with a %26quot;free stuff%26quot; / credit card offer. I declined and told them to %26quot;take me off your list%26quot;(this is the exact phrase you need to say to telemarketers so if the want to keep legal status they must stop calling you for at least a year.)



This 0 #%26#039;s is new to me, it used to allways be %26quot;restricted%26quot; caller id from telemarketers.



So, here%26#039;s my question: what other new ways have telemarketers used on you so you would give them a response and not just ignore or block them?



What are the latest telemarketing workarounds(scams) out there?credit check





Actually you have to say either %26quot;take me off your list%26quot; or %26quot;put me on your do not call list%26quot;. Also you should think about putting your phone numbers on the national do not call list, you can do this online https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.a...



go here http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/do... for additional info (such as it only being valid for five years before youhave to rgister again)



AS far as the 000-000-0000 goes it looks like it might be caller id spoofing http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/20...



What are the latest telemarketing workarounds(scams) out there?

loan



i told them i didn%26#039;t need the cash. i got my husbands life insurance money after i killed him when he pissed me off. its fun and they hang up real quick.|||dunno, but I get a text message every day from an unknown number. All that is left is the %26quot;@%26quot; sign and a rocket looking object. No number to reply too.|||call center is the leading latest workarounds scams



http://www.market-iq-int.com

No comments:

Post a Comment