Friday, August 7, 2009

I am in the process of paying off my credit cards. I have received a balance transfer offer of 6.9%

months. I have 2 other credit cards that are maxed. One balance is 450 with a 17% APR. My credit limit is 500. The other is 960 with a 21.5% APR. My credit limit is 1000. I plan on paying the cards off with my income tax refund whenever I receive them. Does it look better and will it increase my credit score sooner if I pay down both cards to half or should I pay the card with the higher APR off completely first?



I am in the process of paying off my credit cards. I have received a balance transfer offer of 6.9% APR for 6mortgage lenders





No, you do not want to open another card. Just keep paying on your highest interest one. Your balances are small enough for it not to make to much of a difference. Those credit card companies know what they are doing offering those low interest rates.



I am in the process of paying off my credit cards. I have received a balance transfer offer of 6.9% APR for 6 loan



If you are planning on paying off the cards in only a month or two then don%26#039;t take the offer - you have also failed to indicate the financial charge associated with the transfer offer - it is not free they usually ask for a couple of percentage points.|||First off, never again use more than 50% of your available credit line. That lowers your fica, (good credit), score.



Often, the 6.9% offers, when you read the fine print are for balance transfers specifically.



Either way, depending on how much available credit this new card offers you, pay down some of each card so that you aren%26#039;t hovering so close to your limit anymore.



I%26#039;d pay each down half, but only if that doesn%26#039;t come anywhere near maxing out the new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment