Sunday, August 9, 2009

Someone opened my mail and used my social security number, what now?

Someone opened a pre-approved credit card offer of mine and signed up for it online. It was denied, but my social security number was used. I live in NH, what can I do now? I have filed with the police, but want to know what happens now. I am 99% sure I know who this person is.



Someone opened my mail and used my social security number, what now?heart rate





The police will probably let you know in a few days. They%26#039;re likely trying to gather enough evidence to charge the person who did this. I would file for a new SSN too. Make sure you contact the credit card company in question and inform them that you are the victim of identity theft. They will monitor any other activity with your SSN or any credit card issued in your name.



Good thing it was denied!



Someone opened my mail and used my social security number, what now?

loan



If you%26#039;ve filed a complaint with the police, then let them do their job. If you think you know who it was, then let them know that too.



In the meantime, check out identity-protection programs like %26quot;Lifelock%26quot;. They can guarantee that you won%26#039;t be a victim of identity theft if you enroll in their program. I also suggest you contact TRW and the other credit agencies and get copies of your credit reports; there will be records there of unauthorized use of your identity (so far as credit cards and other applications) and you can keep an eye on your identity that way too. www.freecreditreport.com|||You might want to consider the site below for protection and restoration. Also, an Attorney can assist you with this issue as well.



Identity Theft is the No.1 Crime in America - rated by the FBI!



contact me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment