Friday, August 7, 2009

How do I find a great apartment with bad credit?

My boyfriend and I are looking to find a place ASAP in the downtown Chicago area. We have lived together in an apartment for the past 3 years in Old Town. We are looking for a newer, more upgraded place. We have a combined income of $100,000+ and our bills are fairly low. We can definitely afford to spend $1600 or more for rent. The problem is, nearly all places expect to see a credit report. Neither my boyfriend or I have very good credit. I ran into problems with credit cards in college, and as a result, had to declare bankruptcy about 6 years ago. All of the unfavorable items on my credit report are about 6 years old. I just haven%26#039;t gone through to get it all %26quot;cleaned up%26quot;. Nothing unfavorable on the report is recent. My boyfriend has also had issues in his past. Is there any way we could get a potential landlord to overlook our credit? We could offer employment/income verification, pay an additional deposit, or get a letter of recommendation from our current landlord



How do I find a great apartment with bad credit?





try www.craigslist.com - %26amp; good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment