Friday, August 7, 2009

Is my identity under threat? scam?

i keep getting letters from banks and credit cards offering me and a man i%26#039;ve never heard of accounts etc. the name is foreign ... what%26#039;s happening? am i under threat? the letters come to my home and are addressed to me and him as they would be me and my husband.



Is my identity under threat? scam?





I cannot comment to the US, but in Canada most identity theft is committed by one ethnic group.



Often mail is stolen and people apply for joint credit cards and steal the cards when they%26#039;re shipped. The victims (you) don%26#039;t find out until you get a bill.



I would call the credit card company and ask about who this guy is and what the mail is about since you have no legitimate accounts with them.



Is my identity under threat? scam?

loan



If in doubt, put the account on Fraud Alert through Trans Union Fraud Dept. Their toll free # is 1-800-680-7289. You should also request your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com or call them toll free # 1-877-322-8228. Better to be safe than sorry later.

No comments:

Post a Comment